Monday 20 June 2011

Don't eat a doughnut when you wear lip transfers...




[Images via Violent Lips, with a little customisation on my part].

Thanks to the Sunday Times Style Magazine, I was alerted yesterday to the presence of Violent Lips in the beauty market. The company makes lip transfers which, judging from the website tutorials, seem fairly easy to apply and give the wearer a unique look. Above you can see three of my favourite designs, all of which are available in different colourways. There were some others that I feel would be less 'cutting edge' and more 'crap tattoo effect', notably the versions mimicking fishnets or with graffiti-style slogans of 'Kiss' or 'Love', but generally the brand seems to be heading for the conceptual-esque fashion lover (for that, read Lady Gaga or Jessie J). I really think that there is a gap in the market for this kind of thing, although it's not really an everyday look, but I'm sure it'll prove popular for photoshoots, clubbing or catwalks. I am tempted to try some as soon as my finances allow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...