Tuesday 18 October 2011

Taking It Higher: Bargainous Heel Time



[Images my own - please ask before reproducing].
With the nights drawing in and the weather turning colder, I've been leaning towards suede shoes for a long time. I've also become increasingly tempted by wedge shoe boots and chunky heels, which has lead to two bargain purchases in the past few weeks. Seen above are my new favourite pair of shoes ever - no exaggeration (£45 at Debenhams, in case you're wondering). With a considerable heel height of at least 3 inches, I didn't expect them to be comfortable, but they're incredibly easy to wear, and I can troop all the way round Ikea without so much as a blister or an aching foot. What's more, they're lace-up (nice detail that brings them into the current trend of ladylike dressing) and very practical - no peep toe, no bright colours. As long as I can keep them out of puddles, they're a definite investment. I paired them with my new book, Jeffrey Eugenides' The Marriage Plot, which I can't wait to start reading.


As seen on my kitchen scales, here is my other new footwear purchase - chunky shoe boots in grey imitation suede. They've got lovely details, such as the visible stitching and contrasting heel, which caught my eye, and they were £5 in a local market. Obviously I was a bit dubious about why they were so cheap, but then I am not exactly rolling in money, so it's quite nice to be able to find affordable pieces on a small budget. I'm not going to treat these as a throwaway product, either; they'll be useful for a night out or a job interview, and I can get them re-heeled if they start to wear away (most re-heeling costs between £10-£15 and will last years).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...