Wednesday 14 March 2012

Es Mi Cumpleanos

[Photo my own].
 The skull-tastic window of Cheap Monday, Carnaby Street.

Today I turned 23 and celebrated with a fashion-centric day out in London, taking my mum along for the ride (and my ever-busy sister, who found a window in her schedule for the sausage and mash restaurant at lunch). We checked out Vivienne Westwood's shop, World's End, which is on the King's Road in Chelsea - not a part of London I spend much time in, but it was great to explore. My best discovery of the day was finding the Chelsea branch of Oxfam that sits next door, where I had a field day rifling through vintage clothes and homeware and definitely did not come away empty-handed. 

Later we tried out the new Monki flagship store in Carnaby Street, browsed in Cheap Monday and got excited at the surprisingly reasonable prices of Mango. We finished the day in the incredibly hard to find Wapping Project exhibition space, near the Tate Modern, where Paolo Roversi (one of my favourite fashion photographers) is currently showing some stunning images.

I'll stick the photos up A.S.A.P, but in the mean time I'm kicking back on my day off and enjoying being a year older!

Best street style spotted: a man in a poncho with gold buckle detail, walking past COS on Regent Street.

Strangest fashion discovery of the day: Shoppers in Monki have really big feet. I couldn't find size 40 boots for love nor money, but sizes 36-39 were in abundance - as a result, I now own size 39 red platforms and just hope I've stopped growing.

Magazine observations: the readers of Shortlist (London's free weekly men's magazine) obviously know how to splash the cash. An extensive feature on brogues had nothing under £150.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...