Sunday 27 November 2011

High Hopes, High Waist - Miso's new jeans


[Images via Republic online].
I already have a thing about my Topshop high-waisted shorts, but Miso at Republic have gone one better with these Highwaisted Skinny Jeans. Not only are they a really intense blue (none of that pale and interesting baggy stonewashed look, circa 1990), but they're also a flattering cut that works well on curves, as the high waist tucks in a belly and emphasises the hips without them looking matronly. This is particularly relevant to me, as my office-based job has (unsurprisingly) made exercise more off-limits, and I'm fighting a losing battle with some very tempting chocolate bars at the moment. I can't wait to try these jeans on and not have to worry about squeezing myself into low-rise cuts, which often produce muffin-top.

I also like that the buttons are copper-coloured and really simplistic. Nothing fussy going on here, so you've got plenty of possibilities for creating an outfit. Personally I'd be torn between a lace vest top or a crisp white shirt, tied 50s-style at the bottom. The shape already gives a major nod to vintage trends, so it's time to embrace the silhouette when you're pairing these up. Either add volume to your top or continue with sleek lines, and you're onto a winner.

Miso jeans, £29.99, Republic

2 comments:

  1. These are great. Skinnies can be tricky sometimes. I'd prob add a stacked heel boot with a clean, structured top to balance out the proportions. Thanks for sharing!


    xo, Abbey (District Dress Up)
    http://abbeybrandon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love high waist jeans, especially for the winter time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...