Tuesday 3 November 2009

The Carnivalesque




We went to a fancy dress party the other day and I made some dreadlocks for my boyfriend’s Jack Sparrow costume. This is about as near to sewing as I’ve got in a few years and, surprisingly, it wasn’t a total disaster. They looked quite good from a distance, but are probably really insulting to people who have actually cultivated their hair to look like that! The end result was a bit John Galliano once I brought out the eyeliner on him and the whole costume looked very theatrical, aside from the very plasticky smell of the pirate boots he wore.

Basically I just cut up a t-shirt and wrapped black wool around the strips of fabric. It was much cheaper than buying a dreadlock wig, and pretty quick to make. I feel like Neil Buchanan off Art Attack now....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...