Sunday 5 August 2012

I'm Off to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival (Again!)

Edinburgh Fringe Festival: Royal Mile Performer

This week there may be less blogging as I'm off to Edinburgh for the yearly trip to see the Fringe in action, along with my partner in crime: my mum. I'll be keeping Twitter updated with our exploits (which look set to include a mixture of comedy, theatre and curry - not necessarily in that order) but I can't guarantee I'll be able to physically blog as the laptop is not part of the meagre luggage allowance. Hopefully when I get back then I'll have a bit of Edinburgh street style to show you, as well as an extensive collection of leaflets from the lovely (if very over-enthusiastic) leafleteers on the Royal Mile.

This year I won't be climbing the Monument with its claustrophobic staircase straight out of Hitchcock's Vertigo, but we do have plans to climb Arthur's Seat, the massive hill overlooking the city, where a man who changed his name by deed poll to Lionel Ritchie is said to hang out. It should be interesting to say the least.

[Photograph my own. Please ask before reproducing.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...