Tuesday 24 July 2012

When All Else Fails, Dress Like Human Candyfloss

Fashion Against Aids: H&M
 Screw the 30 Degree weather, I'm wearing a sodding cape.

 I hate outfit posing and I loathe sticky summer weather, but last weekend I bought the most amazing top-slash-cape thing with ombre dye from H&M, and couldn't wait any longer to wear it (despite being called 'The Caped Crusader' by my colleagues all day - cheers, guys!). It's part of the Fashion Against Aids range, which is not only incredibly stylish but donates 25% of the profits to charity. It was incredibly easy to chuck on with some black leggings, which gets a big thumbs up.

H&M Creeper Shoes
No plants were harmed in the making of this photo.

To top it all off, I splurged on some creepers (also from H&M - I basically did Supermarket Sweep in there) in candyfloss pink, which have an amazing foam sole that makes them a bit like those chunky platform flip flops from the 90s that served me so well on family beach holidays as a child. 

Obviously when teamed with the top then everything goes a bit too pink and girly, but when you're in the grip of a furious summer heatwave (read: sweaty, flabby and grumpy - not what they tell you about in summer magazine editorials) then it's probably a handy distraction.

I promise not to make you endure any more photos of me for at least another month or so...

[All photos my own.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...